viernes, 13 de julio de 2018

Post 5: My Future Job

When it comes to think about job and occupation, I immediately imagine myself doing something calm and practical. There are things that I enjoy a lot, like doing pottery, painting or gardening. Growing plants and selling them would be an amazing job for me. 

Something that I have always wished for is to learn about Bonsai, the Japanese art of growing trees on pots. There is people that have their own Bonsai Shops, planting and selling them to make some profit and survive. One of the most important things about this art is to be outdoors, collecting branches and materials, caring the trees and preparing the garden where trees grow. I don't like the idea of working indoor, like in an office, I found it very stressing and dangerous for your mind and body, so I would always prefer to work outdoors, where you can have more sensitivity about space and nature.

Even thought this is an activity I would really like to do, I'm conscious that it is not so viable, and most of the time is seen as a hobby. In that case, I would have to refer about my down-to-earth option: working on social science investigation. I'm currently studying Sociology, and I like it, even thought I sometimes get overwhelmed by the routine of being a student. I would like to become a professional researcher on the sociology field, involving treating with people, traveling around the city, the country or even the world making research and learning about sociological theory. I have not decided a specialization yet, but sociology haves many fields where you can work so it is not so difficult to found one in which you can adjust. The idea that really gets me enthusiastic about researching is working with participatory methods, analyzing data and of course, getting into the background of social problems to help understand them and eventually solve them.

I think that I could actually put into practice both of my plans, gardening and researching, maybe setting aside the Bonsai to a hobby and working as a professional researcher. In every case, I only hope to have the possibility of having a job that gives me enough profits to survive and live a relatively humble life, but most important, that gives me happiness and a healthy lifestyle.


No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Post 10: English Language Challenges