viernes, 27 de julio de 2018

Post 7: Someone I'd like to meet

Even though I really love listening to music, I'm not so interested on any particular artist besides his musical production. Don't get me misunderstood, I think that knowing about the artist life is important to understand their art, but I'm just not enthusiastic about meeting them. The only one that I would really like to meet and have the chance to chat with is Elliott Smith, because his music is extremely personal and touching and I think that it relates a lot with everyone who listens to it, but he died many years ago, so meeting him would be impossible. So, if I have to choose someone to meet  I wouldn't choose an artist.

One of the important things in my life is Judo. It is a martial-art from Japan and a Olympic sport. I have been practicing it for a while and currently I'm competing on my university's team. I think that as a sportsman, professional athletes are a very big inspiration and meeting them would be always a rewarding experience, because they have been competing at the highest levels of the sport, so the experience and everything they know would be a rich learning to other people.

So, someone famous I would like to meet, is Teddy Riner. He is a legendary French Judoka, two times Olympic champion, three times Olympic medalist and ten times world champion. By now, Riner is considered the best competitive Judoka of modern history of Judo, and his career isn't even over yet! He haven't lost a fight since 2010. Also, Riner is always respectful and caring about people, he donates a lot of the money he gets from competition to child-caring institutions, representing the real spirit of Judo and the sportsmanship that comes with it. So you get to understand why I would like to meet him, he is just the best, and I think that as a Judoka I could learn a lot from him, not only in terms of technique and competition, but also as a person.

He has his own Dojo where he teaches Judo to children in Paris, so I hope someday I will have the possibility to travel there and maybe take a class with Teddy, that would be very rewarding to me.




2 comentarios:

Post 10: English Language Challenges