viernes, 17 de agosto de 2018

Post 9: Changes to my study programme

Well, I'm currently close to finish my studies of sociology, and I have to say: it has not been easy. I faced with a lot of problems through this years, being one of them the programme of my career. I consider that the main problem is the lenght of the career and the workload of studies. We have a lot of different subjects in the fisrt two years that demand a lot of time and study, and they are too hard. Maybe the most important thing to understand and employ in universtity is that excessive workload is not better to learn and neither is for motivation and health. The main plan should be to apply participative methods, promoting an active interest of students on subjects and avoiding test-method that make everything stressful. On the other hand, I consider that our university has pretty good infrastructure, even when sometimes the campus appears to be overcrowed, it's buildings and spaces are far more than I could access outside university.

The most relevant point on this, is that the entire education system in Chile is currently problematic, as it takes five years, at least, to finish a career just because education inequality generates educational gaps to students who access to worse education because of their economic situation through school. This means that some students enter university knowing a lot, while some others have learned luckily the basics, so there is a need to add extra years of leveling and review of the basics.

As a sociologist student, I'm convinced that we need to help on solving this issues on education, in every aspect we can, so in the future, there will be no longer such things as knowledge and education inequality.


1 comentario:

Post 10: English Language Challenges